Ipswich/Gallery: On track for family fun
Railway enthusiasts had a day to remember at the weekend when a popular exhibition took place.
Members of Ipswich Railway Modellers Association held their annual event at Kesgrave High School on Saturday.
Hundreds of people turned up to see various railway layouts, with exhibitors coming from across the region to show off their newest designs.
George Finch, membership secretary, said: “It was excellent, it was wonderful and it was the first time it was held in the school.
“We had at least 350 people attend.”
You may also want to watch:
He said modellers came to the event, which has been held in Ipswich for more than 30 years, to get inspiration from fellow enthusiasts on layout designs.
There was a variety of layouts on display – many of which were much larger than traditional layouts.
- 1 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 2 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 3 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 7 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 8 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 9 Donacien's 'feeling the love' after returning from the Ipswich Town shadows
- 10 Mike Bacon: High stake games just as Blues are starting to click
Food stalls kept everyone refreshed and a second-hand dealer was offering a wide selection of railway model kit to purchase.
Every Tuesday, Ipswich Railway Modellers Association holds its club night from 7pm-10pm at 40A in Norfolk Road, Ipswich.
Anyone can go along to the meetings to find out more.
Visit their website www.irma.org.uk for more information on the club’s own layouts, events and news.