Ipswich: Garry Trott named as new principal of Westbourne Academy
- Credit: Archant
Garry Trott was yesterday announced as the new principal of Ipswich’s Westbourne Academy, which this summer posted its best ever GCSE results.
It was a dramatic turnaround for the Academy Transformation Trust-sponsored school, which had also endured a critical Ofsted inspection, as it saw the percentage of pupils gaining five or more A*-Cs rise from 31% in 2013 to 52%
Mr Trott, who boasts 19 years of education and leadership experience, believes he can continue that upward curve as he takes on the reigns from acting principal, Dave Lee-Allan.
He said: “I’m delighted to be leading this inspiring academy and I am to make Westbourne an outstanding academy that will make pupils, staff and the local community proud.
“I share The Trust’s belief that all children deserve a first class education which nurtures potential. Working in partnership with our sponsor, I will ensure pupils have access to the best possible opportunities and experiences during their education.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Trott’s most recent role was as headteacher of King’s School, an 11-18 comprehensive school in Germany that delivers education for children of British military personnel. During his time at the school, it had two successful Ofsted inspections.
Previously, he has been a teacher of English and an English consultant for the Service Children’s Education.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 3 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 4 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 5 Woman's body found in village home
- 6 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 7 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 8 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 9 'It's been a strange few days' - Skuse gives emotional exit interview
- 10 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
At Westbourne Academy, he will be responsible for raising standards of achievement, teaching, learning and behaviour, whilst giving a strategic lead for the future development of the academy.
Joyce Hodgetts, managing director of The Trust, commented: “We aim to develop our pupils as individuals and not just learners and we offer a rewarding and proactive learning environment for all our pupils. I know that in his new role as Principal at Westbourne Academy, Garry will go above and beyond to continue to achieve this and drive his team to ensure that our pupils achieve all that they are capable of.”