Ipswich: Historic town criers announce state-of-the-art new All About Ipswich app
- Credit: Archant
HARKING back to a bygone era town criers rang their bells today to announce the launch of a very modern means of communication.
The colourful figures invaded the Cornhill to proudly reveal the new All About Ipswich App has gone live and is available to download today free of charge from the App store.
From information to car parking and taxi ranks to the best places to eat, drink and stay, the new innovation aims to transform the visitor experience.
Ipswich Central and Ipswich Borough Council have worked together over the last year to develop the All About Ipswich brand to provide up-to-date information about the town and all the wide-range of events taking place throughout the year – including Celebrate Ipswich, the Maritime festival and The Big Switch On at Christmas.
Paul Clement, chief executive of Ipswich Central, said: “As the competition between towns and cities, out-of-town retail spaces and online shopping intensifies, we know that people need clear and compelling reasons to interact with our town centre, whilst engaging with them in a way that they wish to be engaged with.
You may also want to watch:
“We knew that we wanted to reach people, telling them what’s on offer in the most fun, simple and enticing way to receive satisfaction feedback and reviews from them on their own social networks.
“As part of our on-going vision to create East Anglia’s Waterfront town centre, the location services of the app allows you to navigate the town to its full potential.”
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 6 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 7 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 8 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 9 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 10 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
Robert Gough, owner of the Salthouse Harbour Hotel, added: “As a town centre business, we’re delighted that Ipswich has embraced this technology.
“What it now requires is the people of the town and local businesses to get behind the app and ensure that it’s used to its full potential.”