Ipswich/Huntingdon: Former Ipswich Town footballer Titus Bramble is fined for speeding
- Credit: Archant
Former Ipswich Town footballer Titus Bramble has been fined for two speeding offences that happened seven minutes apart on Christmas Day last year.
Bramble, 33, of Wellington Drive, Wynyard, Billingham, Cleveland, drove his Mercedes at 89mph on the A14 at Girton at 2.09pm and then at 92mph on the A14 at Fenstanton at 2.16pm. The speed limit for the road is 70mph.
At Huntingdonshire Magistrates’ Court yesterday Bramble’s solicitor Barry Warburton dealt with the case in his absence.
Mr Warburton said the defendant had a clean driving licence before the offences took place.
“Both of these are at the bottom end of the scale,” he added.
He said he did not have a means form for Bramble, but he had disposable income of £400 a week and some considerable capital.
Bramble, who pleaded guilty to both offences, was fined £200 for each offence, a victim surcharge of £20 for each and three points were imposed on his licence for each.
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 3 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 4 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 5 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 6 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
- 7 Long delays on A12 after overturned tractor trailer
- 8 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 9 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 10 Ex Town striker Wickham links back up with Manning at MK Dons
He was also ordered to pay costs of £400 and to send in his driving licence within 14 days.
Bramble started his football career at his home town club Ipswich Town, playing from 1998 to 2002. He has been training with Ipswich following his release by Sunderland, but has not been offered a contract.