Ipswich: Infant who died after being hit by van is named as Ryan Ward
- Credit: Archant
An inquest has been opened after Ryan Ward died after he was hit by a van.
The tot, of Newry County Down, Northern Ireland, was killed after the incident on a playing field in Lovetofts Drive, Ipswich, on July 23.
The child was put in a vehicle and driven to Landmark House where attempts were made to resuscitate him but he was pronounced dead a short time later.
A post mortem has been carried out which revealed Ryan, who was due to turn two in November, died from head injuries.
His inquest is due to take place in Bury St Edmunds tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
A 37-year-old man, of no fixed abode, is on police bail after being arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 3 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 4 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 5 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 9 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 10 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience