Ipswich: Ipswich Town player Tyrone Mings shows Christmas spirit by helping at homeless shelter
- Credit: Archant
While most people were enjoying Christmas Day with their families, some were giving their time to help the less fortunate at homeless shelters.
And one such volunteer was none other than Ipswich Town footballer Tyrone Mings, who spent part of the day with his girlfriend dishing out food at a shelter before joining his team-mates for the trip to Doncaster for yesterday’s match.
Writing on his official Twitter account, Mings said: “Best thing I’ve ever done & most rewarding. Going to feed the homeless and less fortunate on Christmas…”
It’s not the first time Mings has shown his generous side, having previously given away tickets for Town against Bolton to a fan who said on Twitter he couldn’t afford them.
Mr Mings said: “It was an idea that my girlfriend had a few months ago. We don’t have any family in Ipswich so we thought we would spend Christmas morning helping out in the community.
“We spent a couple of hours helping to prepare the food and talking to the people there. It was very humbling experience and a long way from football.
“It was one of the most rewarding things I’ve ever done and something I’d certainly consider doing again.”
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 4 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 5 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 6 Driver arrested for being four times over legal limit
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking
Mings has received praise on the social networking site for his actions after he posted a photo of himself at the shelter on Instagram.
One person said: “Well done Tyrone for what you done yesterday nice to see footballers putting something back.”