Ipswich: Man arrested in connection with assault on a bus is bailed
A 26-year-old man from Ipswich who was arrested on suspicion of GBH after a man was assaulted on a bus in Ipswich was tonight (Saturday) bailed pending further enquiries.
He is due to return to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre on Friday, February 8.
The injured man had been travelling on an Ipswich Buses service on route 10 on Thursday.
At around 6.05pm the bus stopped in Defoe Road near to the junction with Macauley Road and as he went to get off he was pushed, causing him to fall backwards and hit his head, leaving him unconscious.
The injured man, who is in his 60s, was taken to Ipswich Hospital for treatment, but was later transferred to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, where he remains in a critical condition.
You may also want to watch:
Police are continuing to appeal for anyone with information in relation to this incident to contact Ipswich CID on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 4 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 5 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 6 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 7 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 8 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 9 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 10 CCTV released following series of burglaries