Ipswich: Man charged with murder after Needham Lake death appears in court
A MAN has appeared in court this afternoon charged with the murder of a 60-year-old woman, whose body was found in Needham Lake.
Stephen Jacobs, 59, was arrested today and taken to Ipswich police station where he was charged with the murder of Ruth Jacobs.
The body of Mrs Jacobs was found in Needham Lake on the morning of Sunday, February 20. A post mortem examination confirmed that she died from drowning.
Jacobs, of Spinner Close in Ipswich, appeared at Ipswich Crown Court this afternoon.
He was remanded on bail on the condition that he resides at the Norvic Clinic in Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
He will next appear in Ipswich Crown Court on July 29 for a plea and directions hearing.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 9 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 10 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham