Ipswich: Man smashes car with baseball bat in road rage incident
POLICE are appealing for witnesses today after a man used a baseball bat to smash the front windscreen of another motorist’s car.
The incident happened in Colchester Road, Ipswich at about 2pm on Saturday.
The male owner of a red Mitsubishi was driving down Heath Road, towards Colchester Road, and approached a roundabout. He realised he was in the wrong lane, indicated and moved across.
A blue Renault van driver directly behind the victim began sounding his horn and flashing his lights.
As the victim approached the Rushmere Road roundabout, the offender, a white male, rammed his vehicle off the road, causing damage to the bumper.
You may also want to watch:
The offender then got out of his van, holding a baseball bat, and smashed the victim’s front windscreen before driving off. The driver of the blue Renault van is described as a white man, approximately 5’10” tall, of a slim build, with a shaven head, had tattoos on his arms and was wearing a dark t-shirt and jeans.
If you saw the incident, or recognise the description of the offender, call PC Christopher Payne from Ipswich on 101.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week