Ipswich: Man stabbed in alleged town centre attack
A MAN has been stabbed after an incident in Ipswich’s town centre.
Two men have been arrested following the alleged assault in Great Colman Street shortly before 12.30pm today.
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said one man in his 20s suffered a stab wound to his arm.
He said: “One man in his 20s suffered a stab wound to his left arm that is not thought to be life-threatening and was taken to Ipswich Hospital for further treatment.
“Another man sustained a hand injury and was treated at the scene. I would like to commend our paramedics who were with the casualties in less than three minutes.”
You may also want to watch:
Paramedics alerted police officers to the scene.
Two Ipswich men, aged 21 and 23 have been arrested on suspicion of assault and have been taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 4 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 5 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 6 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 7 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 8 Another former Town player completes Colchester move
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: “The offenders fled the scene but were soon detained by officers.
“One man received an injury to his hand, and the other received an injury to his arm. Both victims have been taken to Ipswich Hospital.”
Officers are currently still at the scene while further investigations are carried out.
Anyone who witnessed the incident should call police on 101.