Ipswich: Man treated after flat fire
Fire crews were called out to a fire in an Ipswich flat which left one man needing medical treatment.
Crews from Colchester Road and Princes Street went to the ground floor flat in Tudor Place, Ipswich, just after 9.30pm today.
They arrived to find a small fire in the hallway of the flat, but managed to get the flames under control.
Firefighters called for assistance from paramedics to treat a man thought to be in his 50s who was suffering from smoke inhalation.
Nobody else was injured during the incident and the fire was extinguished at 10.03pm.
You may also want to watch:
An investigation will now be carried out to determine the cause of the blaze.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 3 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 4 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 5 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 6 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Another former Town player completes Colchester move
- 9 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 10 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive