Knife-wielding man robs Ipswich shop
- Credit: Archant
A balaclava-clad man brandishing a knife robbed a McColls convenience store in Ipswich.
The robbery happened in Stoke Park Drive on Thursday, September 20 at about 10pm.
While the store was still open, a man entered via the front door of the store brandishing a knife.
He made his way to the till and made a demand for money to the two members of staff who were present.
He then opened the till and took a quantity of money before leaving the premises.
You may also want to watch:
The man is described as white, 5ft 8in tall, stocky build, grey tracksuit bottoms, wearing a balaclava and had a bag with him.
No-one was hurt in the incident.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 3 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 4 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Numbers don't look good but there are turnarounds Town can take from
- 10 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
Officers are keen to speak to a potential witness, who may have been a driving instructor and who the shop staff believe was in the store just before the incident.
Police also believe there was a member of the public who approached shop staff and who told them they may have seen someone acting suspiciously outside the store before the incident.
Enquiries are ongoing and anyone who witnessed it or saw any suspicious activity should contact Ipswich CID on 101, quoting crime reference 37/54169/18.
Alternatively contact the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.