Ipswich: Mental health team win national recognition
- Credit: Archant
STAFF at Ipswich’s mental health hospital are celebrating receiving national recognition for their work.
Poppy Ward at Woodlands Hospital, which is on the site of Ipswich Hospital in Heath Road, is the latest Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust team to gain Accreditation for Inpatient Mental Health Services.
The accolade was bestowed on the team by The Royal College of Psychiatrists.
Hardworking staff at the unit were given a level one “excellent” status for the next three years by the College.
Aidan Thomas, the trust’s chief executive, said: “This is great news and a fantastic achievement by the staff on Poppy Ward and real recognition of the excellent service that they provide.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the trust said receiving the “excellent” rating assures staff, patients and carers as well as the trust’s commissioners and regulators of the quality of service being provided.
- 1 Body found in the River Orwell
- 2 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Could any released Bristol City players reunite with Ashton at Ipswich?
- 5 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'eye' Sheffield Wednesday midfielder
- 7 What has changed in Woodbridge over lockdown?
- 8 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 9 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 10 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash