Ipswich: Microwave fire in property
A WOMAN was treated for smoke inhalation after a building fire in Ipswich.
Fire crews were called just after 6.40pm to Morecambe Court.
Princes Street station sent two appliances to the scene and arrived by 6.50pm to find a small fire in a microwave oven.
Crews used breathing apparatus and one water fog.
A female occupant of the property suffered from smoke inhalation and was given oxygen.
You may also want to watch:
The incident was under control by 7.10pm.
Fire crews also dealt with a fire in the open this evening in Ipswich.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 7 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
Firefighters discovered the fire in a children’s playground in Gippeswyk Park at around 5.10pm.
Within a few minutes the fire was under control and crews left the scene just before 5.20pm.
The fire service are treating the incident as deliberate.