Ipswich: Model casting for fashion week is a big success
- Credit: Archant
Prospective models have been strutting their stuff on the catwalk in a bid to be part of the first ever Ipswich Fashion Week.
About 60 people attended a model casting at Dance East on Saturday and the show’s organisers say they are confident they have now found all the models they will need for the event.
Ipswich Fashion Week will run from October 8-12 and it is aimed at celebrating trends and where people can go to recreate the looks on show.
The week is being run by Fashion Candy, based on the Waterfront, in partnership with Ipswich Central.
Pam Davis, who is responsible for the production and direction of the week, said: “The casting was fabulous, it really was, and we had a good calibre of models coming through.
You may also want to watch:
“We honestly believe that we have got what we need because of the high standards so I don’t think there will be any need for another casting.”
Ipswich Fashion Week will be held in the Corn Exchange and Town Hall.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 3 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 4 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 5 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 6 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 7 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 8 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 9 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 10 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
It will consist of beauty, hair and style days as well as fashion shows highlighting the latest trends.