Ipswich: Model casting for fashion week is a big success
- Credit: Archant
Prospective models have been strutting their stuff on the catwalk in a bid to be part of the first ever Ipswich Fashion Week.
About 60 people attended a model casting at Dance East on Saturday and the show’s organisers say they are confident they have now found all the models they will need for the event.
Ipswich Fashion Week will run from October 8-12 and it is aimed at celebrating trends and where people can go to recreate the looks on show.
The week is being run by Fashion Candy, based on the Waterfront, in partnership with Ipswich Central.
Pam Davis, who is responsible for the production and direction of the week, said: “The casting was fabulous, it really was, and we had a good calibre of models coming through.
“We honestly believe that we have got what we need because of the high standards so I don’t think there will be any need for another casting.”
Ipswich Fashion Week will be held in the Corn Exchange and Town Hall.
- 1 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 2 'I just don't operate that way' - Town owner Steed tells it straight on first visit
- 3 'Abandoned' cottage and studio up for sale after huge renovation
- 4 Suffolk cinema to allow dog owners to bring their pets to watch films
- 5 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
- 6 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 7 Former Town striker Chopra out of retirement to join non-league club
- 8 'It's going great' - New pizzeria proving a hit in east Suffolk town
- 9 Former town council manager named as woman who died in A11 crash
- 10 Rail services disrupted after Needham Market bridge struck
It will consist of beauty, hair and style days as well as fashion shows highlighting the latest trends.