Ipswich: Murder probe after stab victim dies
POLICE officers have launched a murder investigation after a woman, stabbed at a home in Ipswich, died from her injuries.
The 34-year-old, was allegedly attacked at an address in Withipoll Street at around 7pm on Wednesday evening.
She suffered a stab wound to her leg and was taken to Ipswich Hospital where she died yesterday.
Three people – a 28-year-old man from Ipswich, a 29-year-old man of no fixed abode and a 59-year-old woman from Ipswich – were arrested at the scene on suspicion of attempted murder.
Police officers are today questioning the trio – who are believed to have known each other and the victim – on suspicion of murder.
You may also want to watch:
The attack came after a 28-year-old woman was stabbed in the back and arm near Argos in Carr Street at around 5.22pm on Wednesday.
Police are linking the two incidents. A 28-year-old man has been charged in connection with the Carr Street attack on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm.
- 1 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 5 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 6 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 7 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 8 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 9 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 10 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
In a third, separate incident, a 33-year-old man was stabbed in the arm after three men threatened him in Benezet Street, at the junction with Bramford Road at around 4.40pm on Wednesday. A 29-year-old Ipswich man and a 26-year-old man from Hull were both arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm in Victoria Street later that night.
Yesterday a 19-year-old man was arrested in Surrey Road, Ipswich on suspicion of the Benezet Street GBH and an 18-year-old Ipswich man was arrested in London Road.
The men are being questioned by police at Ipswich Police Station.