Ipswich: New non-executive director welcomed to Ipswich Hospital
- Credit: Contributed
HOSPITAL bosses have welcomed a new non-executive director to Ipswich Hospital’s board.
Laurence Collins, who was lead director at Ipswich Borough Council for health strategies and improvements, takes up his role officially on April 1.
He brings with him extensive experience of leading change, corporate restructures and transformation programmes.
In his previous role he led complex multi-agency partnership projects including the Ravenswood development and key regeneration schemes on Ipswich’s Waterfront.
Chairman of the board, Ann Tate, welcomed Mr Collins to the board at today’s public meeting.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “We are delighted that Laurence is joining the Board. He will bring invaluable experience and expertise to the NHS and be a very strong link between the hospital and key partners.”
Mr Collins added: “Ipswich Hospital is an essential and cherished part of our community and it is an honour to be appointed to serve and help lead the development of the hospital in the challenging years ahead.”
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 4 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 5 A12 closed following serious collision
- 6 Missing dad wanted in connection with assault which happened day before he disappeared
- 7 Plans to create 'Suffolk Silicon Fen' killed by market forces
- 8 Air ambulance called to medical emergency
- 9 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 10 Family's tribute to 'always smiling' Jack after tragic death aged 27
He has been appointed for a four-year term until March 2017. He will receive remuneration of £6,096 a year.
Fellow non-executive director Alan Bateman has also been appointed deputy chairman after Dave Norval stepped down at the end of last year.