Suffolk firm started at kitchen table celebrates 25 years
- Credit: NJ Architects
A multi-award-winning architects practice is marking the milestone of 25 years in business – but say they have never really left the kitchen table where it all began.
Nicholas Jacob set up NJ Architects in 1996 at his house in Ipswich, employing Shaun Soanes and Hugh Bunbury who remain with the company today.
But although the trio have moved offices more than once they say their approach hasn’t changed from the early days.
“The truth is that despite our growth and the size of our office space today, we have never left the kitchen table design approach that we had from the outset,” said partner Shaun Soanes.
“A vast amount of our time is spent sitting with clients in their homes – in their kitchens – drinking coffee and drawing up plans. It’s where we have the best ideas."
You may also want to watch:
Nick, whose daughter Pippa is also now part of the team, said: “We are immensely proud of our roots but from those seeds has grown something truly extraordinary."
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 10 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw