Ipswich: Officers make arrest in Christchurch Park knife attack incident
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have arrested a man after a mother-of-two was attacked by a knife-wielding robber at Christchurch Park.
Officers arrested a 21-year-old man, of Cromwell Square, Ipswich on suspicion of robbery in relation to the incident this morning.
The 38-year-old victim was strolling in Christchurch Park with her children when a man suddenly demanded her purse, butted her when she refused to hand it over and then chased her.
The man struck the woman on the back as she ran, and she suffered cuts and bruises in the incident at around 11am on Saturday.
The victim, who asked not to be named, said on Monday the attack left her “terrified” as she thought she was going to be killed.
You may also want to watch:
Police arrested the man at 10.30am today. He is being held for questioning at the Martlesham Police Investigation Centre.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 3 Woman's body found in village home
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 5 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 6 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 7 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 8 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 9 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 10 A14 re-opens after medical emergency