Ipswich: Overnight works to continue at Civic Drive
- Credit: Archant
There will be a series of overnight closures for road resurfacing in Ipswich town centre as traffic improvements continue
As part of the Travel Ipswich improvement scheme, Skanska will be carrying out the overnight carriageway works on Civic Drive next week.
Skanska says the work will be carried out in two stages and the area will be closed off between 7pm and 6am the following morning with diversions in place.
A Skanska spokesman said: “Stage one will take place from the evening of Monday June 10. These works will involve the temporary closure of Princes Street south from Civic Drive roundabout together with the entrance to the roundabout from Franciscan Way as well as the exit onto Civic Drive.
“Stage two will take place from the evening of June 12. These works will involve the temporary closure of Princes Street north together with the entrance to the roundabout from Civic Drive and exit from the roundabout on to Franciscan Way.
You may also want to watch:
“The works will be carried out using medium-heavy machinery to break up the carriageway, which is the part of the works where the most noise is anticipated to be generated; this will be completed by no later than midnight. The resurfacing will then commence until 6am the following morning. Although there will still be some associated construction noise, we will endeavour to keep this to a minimum.”
There will be one further night of work on the evening of Saturday June 15.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 4 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 9 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 10 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M
A Skanska Infrastructure Services member of staff will be on site at all times to answer any queries members of the public may have.