Ipswich: Police name B1078 crash victim
POLICE have named the man who died after his car collided with a pick-up truck in a Suffolk village.
He was Derek George Swan, 78, from Ipswich.
The blue Seat Ibiza he was driving collided with a Mitsubishi pick-up on the B1078 at Swilland, just north of Ipswich, at 5.45pm yesterday.
He was cut free from his car and taken to Ipswich Hospital where he later died.
The incident happened at the junction of High Road and Gibraltar Road.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are renewing appeals for witnesses to the crash. If you can help contact Suffolk Police’s Serious Collision Investigation Team at Police Headquarters on 01473 613500.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 9 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 10 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club