Ipswich: Probe over alleged indecent photos taken in Boots
An alleged pervert suspected of taking indecent photographs of women in a busy town centre store is on police bail today.
The 26-year-old was arrested after people complained that a man seemed to be putting his mobile phone beneath the skirts, dresses, and shorts of females in the Tavern Street branch of Boots.
Police were called the alleged incident at 12.15pm on Tuesday, as concerns were being voiced about what the man appeared to be doing.
Officers were told complaints had been made that the man was allegedly using his iPhone to make indecent images of women.
Initially people reported the matter to one of Ipswich’s street rangers and a police community support officer.
You may also want to watch:
However, it is alleged that when the man was challenged he attempted to flee the scene.
A chase through the town centre is said to have ensued as lunchtime shoppers looked on.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 6 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
The 26-year-old suspect was eventually detained by a police officer. The man was arrested at 12.30pm in Oak Lane, which runs between the Buttermarket Shopping Centre and Wilkinson’s in Upper Orwell Street.
Police have confirmed a man was taken into custody on suspicion of making indecent images.
He must now return to Ipswich police station on June 1.