Ipswich pub is selling mince pie Yorkshire puddings - fancy one?
- Credit: Archant
The Chestnut Tree Pub in Pinewood has combined mince pies and Yorkshire pudding to create a unique dessert this Christmas.
The Chestnut Tree Farm pub in Pinewood, Ipswich, is hoping to bring the northern tradition of sweet Yorkshire puddings to Suffolk.
While most of us know and love our Yorkies smothered in lashings of gravy on a Sunday, as you creep up the country it’s not uncommon to find the batter pud dished up with cream, jam, custard and even ice cream.
But The Chestnut Tree Farm, and 66 of its sister pubs (part of Farmhouse Inns) is taking it one step further with the ultimate festive mash-up combining its puffy pudding with a hot mince pie, dusted with icing sugar and served with custard.
Ian Andrews, general manager at the Chestnut Tree Farm, said: “There’s no time quite like Christmas to gather the family and feast together – and no festive spread would be complete without a mince pie or two!
You may also want to watch:
“Our filled Yorkshire puddings are always a hit with our guests, but usually we’re encouraging diners to pack them full of succulent meats and seasonal vegetables. This Christmas we wanted to combine the classic Yorkie pud with a seasonal sweet treat to create something truly spectacular, which also tastes delicious.
“We’re not shy of wacky and wonderful food combinations here at the Chestnut Tree Farm, and we hope our guests are as excited as we are to try our new seasonal dish – we’re sure they’ll love it!”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 10 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
The Mince Pie Yorkshire Puddings are available now, priced at £2.49.