Ipswich: Railway embankments at Belstead catch fire after steam train passes by
- Credit: Archant
Both embankments of a railway line caught fire after a steam train passed by.
The drama unfolded around 7.20pm tonight, close to the bridge at The Street in Belstead, Ipswich.
Two fire crews from the town’s Princes Street station attended.
They called for two more crews to assist and were joined by another crew from Princes Street and one from Hadleigh.
Two hoses were used to bring the fires under control by 8.25pm
You may also want to watch:
It is unclear at this stage exactly how the fires started.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
- 9 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 10 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart