Ipswich: Relatives pay tribute to Smock pub assault victim Simon Cowles
FAMILY of Simon Cowles, who died yesterday morning following an alleged attack outside The Smock pub, have today issued a tribute to the 20-year-old.
This comes after an incident in the early hours of Sunday morning when Mr Cowles, who lived in The Foyer in Star Lane, Ipswich, apparently hit his head on the pavement outside the Maidenhall Approach pub during an altercation.
Relatives said: “Simon is a much loved son, brother, uncle, nephew, grandson, father, boyfriend and friend of many.
“He will be hugely missed, but always remembered in the hearts he touched.”
He is pictured with Ash, the mother of his four-month-old daughter.
You may also want to watch:
Two men have been arrested and released on police bail on suspicion of assault, and are due to return to Ipswich police station on May 19.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 6 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 7 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 10 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14