Ipswich: Reunited at last – the Northgate class of 1953
- Credit: Archant
The old classmates enjoyed swapping stories and catching up at the event, staged at Seckford Hall.
Ex-pupils travelled from all over the country and abroad to attend.
One former Northgate pupil who attended the reunion was Chris Green. The 70-year-old, who admitted he was not usually one for reunions, said: “I think there’s always apprehension with these kinds of things, you’re caught in a time warp but it was delightful to see everyone, they all had different kinds of pathways and it was fascinating.
“It took some time to work out who was who, but it didn’t take long to get reacquainted.” The former friends spent time swapping memories and reminiscing about teachers – and the mischief some of them got up to.
Mr Green said he hoped it wouldn’t be long before the group met up again.
You may also want to watch:
“We all agreed it was well worth it and I’m hoping there will be an opportunity to have another one.”
He said a big thanks was owed to Bob Hall, who organised the event and created a list of contacts for future gatherings.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 9 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results