Ipswich: Singer Lisa Stansfield slates town as ‘worst ever gig’
SINGER Lisa Stansfield has slated the town as the worst audience she’s ever played for in a recent interview.
The 90s star, famous for singing All Around The World, claimed Ipswich was the worst place she’d ever performed.
In an interview with the Metro about her forthcoming tour, the singer was asked: “What’s the worst gig you’ve done?”
In her answer, she swore and said: “Ipswich six years ago. The whole audience were like zombies. They didn’t move, didn’t do anything, then after the show people came backstage and said: ‘It’s the most beautiful show I’ve ever seen, I was so excited.’ I was like ‘What are you like when you’re bored?’”
According to her official website, the singer’s last gig in “Ipswitch” was at the Regent on April 1, 2003 – ten years ago.
You may also want to watch:
What do you think about Lisa Stansfield’s comments? Were you at the gig? Call the newsdesk on 01473 324788 to tell us about your experience.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 3 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 4 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 5 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 7 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 8 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 9 Woman's body found in village home
- 10 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'