Ipswich: Small fire at endocsopy unit

Firefighters have doused the flames which engulfed a shed tonight.

Firefighters have doused the flames which engulfed a shed tonight. - Credit: Archant

Firefighters have tackled a small blaze at the Ravenswood Endoscopy Unit in Hening Avenue, Ipswich.

Two fire appliances from Princes Street Fire Station were sent to the unit on Hening Avenue at about 9.30am to respond to reports of a building fire.

A Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “Crews arrived to find a fire caused by an electrical extension cable and once the power was isolated the fire was extinguished using a hose reel.”

The incident was under control by 9.50am and crews were back at their station by 10.07am.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus