Ipswich/Suffolk: Drivers warned over icy roads as snow hits region
- Credit: Archant
AS snow begins to fall in Ipswich, forecasters have warned drivers to expect icy conditions on the roads tomorrow morning with more snow showers hitting the region tonight.
Flurries of snow started to fall in Ipswich and across Suffolk at around 5pm as a band of snow travelled down from the North West.
People could wake up to an inch of snow tomorrow morning in some parts of the county, with temperatures set to dip to 0C during the night, as forecasters warn drivers of dangerous driving conditions tomorrow morning.
Phil Garner from Weatherquest said: “There will be clear skies in the morning, leading to the risk of icy conditions for those travelling on the roads tomorrow morning – especially in parts of the county where the roads are untreated.
“We are expecting further snow showers tomorrow afternoon, with around 1cm of snow in some parts, but the temperature will rise to 4C.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Garner added the snow set to fall tonight – finishing at around 2am – and tomorrow afternoon will be a mixture of sleet and rain.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 9 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-1 win against Fleetwood
- 10 Photos released in connection with two indecent exposure incidents