CCTV footage shows thief targeting cars in Ipswich street before smashing BMW window
- Credit: Archant
A would-be thief was spotted trying the door handles of cars in Ipswich under the cover of darkness.
The unidentified person is unable to gain access to the vehicles and then walks out of the CCTV cameras view, before returning and attempting to break into other vehicles.
It is believed the thief then smashed the window of a BMW and stole a small quantity of cash and a pair of glasses, before making a getaway on a push bike.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said: “We can confirm we received a report of criminal damage to a car this morning at 6.50am today (21 Sept) in Patteson Road.
“It is reported a driver’s side car window was smashed and a small quantity of money taken.
You may also want to watch:
“The suspect is described as a white male, with a hooded top, was wearing hat and had a push bike.
“Anyone who witnessed the incident should contact Suffolk police on 101, quoting CAD 48 of 21 Sept 2018.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 4 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 6 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 7 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 9 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 10 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
“There are a number of measures that motorists can take in order to prevent themselves from becoming a victim of theft, including not leaving valuables on show in vehicles and parking in well-lit areas.”
Have you been a victim of car theft or damage in Ipswich? Email us here