Rail services between Ipswich and Felixstowe hit by points failure
- Credit: Archant
Rail passengers have suffered major delays between Ipswich and Felixstowe after a points failure caused trains to be delayed or cancelled.
Several services have already been cancelled and delays are expected until around 9pm this evening.
Greater Anglia have said that engineers are aware of the fault and are working to resolve the issue.
The 5.58pm and 6.58pm services from Ipswich to Felixstowe have been cancelled.
The 6.28pm and 7.28pm services in the opposite direction have also been cancelled.
You may also want to watch:
Rail Replacement Bus services operated by Felixstowe Travel, Tendring and Panther Travel have been sourced to run between Ipswich and Felixstowe.
The train company are advising that advance purchase tickets holders will be allowed to travel on earlier or later trains if their booked service is cancelled.
They are also advising that anyone whose journey has been delayed by 15 minutes or more may be entitled to compensation for a portion of the fare here.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 7 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 10 Tribute to Kaine, 24, at estate's new underpass mural