Ipswich: Town loanee N’Daw’s case is sent to crown court
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town loanee Guirane N’Daw, who is facing trial for alleged domestic violence, today had his case transferred to the town’s crown court.
The 28-year-old midfielder’s committal hearing was held at South East Suffolk Magistrates Court.
N’Daw’s legal team had previously told the court he would be pleading not guilty to a charge of assault causing actual bodily harm to his wife, Bigue Ndiaye N’Daw.
N’Daw of Neptune Square, Ipswich, must now appear before Ipswich Crown Court on July 5 for a plea and case management hearing.
At the end of today’s hearing the Senagalese international was released on conditional bail.
You may also want to watch:
N’Daw Ipswich Town in August last year on loan from French club Saint Etienne.
As part of his bail conditions he is banned from contacting his wife.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 7 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 8 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors
N’daw, who earns £18,000 a week - of which Ipswich are understood to pay £8,000 - has played 39 times for Senegal.
He spent the 2011/12 season on loan at Birmingham and was previously loaned to Zaragoza in Spain. Although from Senegal he spent the early years of his career playing in France.