Ipswich Town striker James Norwood set to appear in court
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town striker James Norwood is expected to appear in court today to face a drink-driving charge.
The Blues forward, 30, is set to appear at Suffolk Magistrates’ Court in Ipswich today following the alleged drink-driving offence on Chapel Road, Cockfield, on August 30 this year.
Norwood’s court hearing was previously listed for October 13 but the case was adjourned and he was not required to attend.
The striker, who scored 11 goals for Town last season, has faced a series of injury set-backs this year.
After returning earlier than expected from a hamstring problem suffered in October, Norwood lasted just 35 minutes of his second start since the injury against Charlton Athletic on November 28 before limping off again.
You may also want to watch:
Town boss Paul Lambert later confirmed the striker, who signed from Tranmere Rovers in the summer of 2019, had suffered another hamstring blow.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 5 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 6 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 7 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 8 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 9 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 10 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action