Ipswich Town unveil new signing!
By Craig RobinsonIPSWICH Town's bid for promotion to the Premier League has been given a boost after sponsors Powergen renewed its contract for another year.
By Craig Robinson
IPSWICH Town's bid for promotion to the Premier League has been given a boost after sponsors Powergen renewed its contract for another year.
The deal will see the energy company enter its third season as main club sponsor for the 2005/06 campaign - but Town have refused to say how much the new deal is worth.
Andrew Goulborn, sales and marketing director for Ipswich Town, said: “We are absolutely delighted that Powergen has extended its sponsorship.
You may also want to watch:
“Over the last two seasons the company has clearly demonstrated the strength of its support for the club and we see this renewed commitment as a very significant and positive move for us.
“We look forward to continuing our very good, close working relationship during what promises to be an exciting season ahead.”
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 5 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 8 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 9 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 10 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
Fans will be able to buy the new design home shirt, featuring the Powergen logo, from Ipswich Town's shops and online store from May 14.
But supporters who have pre-ordered their new shirts will be able to collect them on May 7.
Mike Thompson, sponsorship manager with Powergen, said: “With so many Powergen customers across East Anglia, Ipswich Town represents an excellent fit for us and we're very excited to be taking up our option to renew for a further season and building on our already excellent partnership with the club.
“Our sponsorship means far more to us than simply displaying our logo on the front of the playing shirts. It actually enables us to communicate with Ipswich Town fans as well as the wider community.
“We'll be continuing to work closely with the club to ensure that even more fans can benefit from our partnership and are given the opportunity to gain closer access to the club they feel so passionately about.”
During next season Powergen will be working alongside the club to broaden its existing range of Money Can't Buy opportunities for Town fans, including matchday experiences for children, football skills masterclasses for schools and football clubs and behind-the-scenes trips to the Blues training ground.