Cole Skuse intervenes in Ipswich Town fans’ half-time ‘ticket confusion’
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Leading Ipswich Town player Cole Skuse reportedly intervened when “confusion” meant two fans could not get back into Portman Road after half-time to watch the rest of the Blue’s clash with Swansea.
The supporters were trying to return to the Sir Bobby Robson Stand to watch the rest of Easter Monday’s home game after being contestants in the Magical Vegas goal competition.
But those watching the game said they saw the supporters being prevented entry by a steward, before nearby fans reportedly starting chanting for them to be let back in.
A spokesman for Ipswich Town Football Club said: “There was confusion between our stewards and the security control room over a ticket issue which delayed two of our contestants from our half-time game returning to the Sir Bobby Robson Stand after the competition.
“We’ve apologised to the supporters concerned for the delay.”
You may also want to watch:
The Blues lost the match 1-0.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 5 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 6 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 7 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 8 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 9 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw