Ipswich: Van driver charged after police chase
A man has been arrested following an alleged police chase through Ipswich today.
A van driver has been charged with three offences following a police chase in Ipswich yesterday afternoon.
Police officers were called to the Golden Key roundabout at the junction with Woodbridge Road in Ipswich shortly before 1pm
A white Ford Transit van, which was being followed by officers, had collided with several cars before coming to a stop at the roundabout.
The driver of the van, 23-year-old Sean Tyrell of Wellington Street, Ipswich was arrested, interviewed and charged with driving whilst disqualified, dangerous driving and no insurance.
You may also want to watch:
He was remanded in custody and appeared at South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court this morning.
The drama included a collision between two vehicles outside the Golden Key pub. The pursuit began at 12.50pm when police tried to stop a white Ford Transit van.
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 3 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 4 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 8 A12 closed as man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 9 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 10 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
When the driver ignored the request, officers gave chase.
Police said the van collided with several cars on its journey in Cemetery Lane.
The van was then involved in a collision with a Ford Galaxy close to the Golden Key before the driver made off on foot.
Nobody was injured during the incident.