Ipswich: Van totally burnt out in suspected arson attack
FIREFIGHTERS were called out in the early hours of this morning to tackle a van blaze.
The suspected arson was reported to the brigade at about 3.40am.
A crew from Colchester Road fire station and another from Princes Street arrived at the scene, at the crossroads of Shackleton Road and Franklin Road shortly afterwards.
They discovered a van engulfed in flames.
The fire was brought under control by 3.55am and police officers were also called to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Suffolk police said the van was totally burnt out and the incident is being treated as suspicious.
Anyone who was in the area and saw or heard anything suspicious should call police on 01473 613500.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 8 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 9 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 10 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid