Ipswich: Witness appeal is made after teenage girl knocked off her bike
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
A 15-year-old girl was knocked off her bike by a car in Ipswich.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the incident after the driver stopped but failed to leave any details.
The accident happened at around 8.30am on Friday, September 6, when a silver car collided with the girl’s cycle in Cobham Road.
She was knocked off the bike and sustained minor cuts and bruising. The bike was also damaged.
A police spokeswoman said: “The car briefly stopped and a man asked if she was ‘okay’, but then drove off without giving details.
“The car contained a man and woman, aged in their twenties.”
Police would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident or saw driver of the vehicle involved. People should call PC Gareth Northwood from Ipswich on 101.
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 3 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 6 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch
- 7 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 8 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 9 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 10 Shocked woman finds naked burglar asleep in her bed