Ipswich: Witness appeal to teen stabbing in Martinet Green area
- Credit: Archant
POLICE are urging the public to come forward with information after a 15-year-old boy was stabbed in Ipswich.
The teenager is believed to have been stabbed twice – sustaining injuries to his stomach and wrist - in the incident that happened just before 11.30pm in Martinet Green area on April 26.
Witnesses described seeing a group of young men on the green before one individual lunged at the teenager and he fell to the ground.
A male then fled the scene while other members of the group gathered around the 15-year-old and the emergency services were alerted.
After taking initial accounts it is thought the teenager was stabbed by a male in his mid teens to 20s, of average build, around 5ft 9ins – 5ft 11ins tall, with short dark hair, wearing jeans and a dark jacket.
You may also want to watch:
The 15-year-old boy remains in a stable condition in Ipswich Hospital.
Police are investigating possible motives for the incident and are asking anyone who saw what happened or anyone with information to call Ipswich CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 9 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks