Ipswich: Woman given oxygen after kitchen fire

A WOMAN has been treated for smoke inhalation after a kitchen fire at her home.

The blaze began at about 3.45pm at a mid terrace house in Spring Road, Ipswich, and fire crews from Princes Street and Colchester Road were sent to the scene.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used hose reel jets to put out the flames, which had started in a grill pan.

The woman, who is in her 30s, was treated at the scene and given oxygen. The drama was over by 4.10pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus