Ipswich: Youngster, 12, pushed to ground in attempted robbery
A 12-year-old was pushed from his bike in an attempted robbery in Ipswich, police have said.
The incident happened yesterday at around 8.10am in an alleyway from Beatty Road to Nacton Road.
The boy was walking along the alleyway when he was approached by a man on a bike.
The man pushed the victim to the ground and searched his pockets.
A member of the public disturbed the man and he rode away.
You may also want to watch:
A Suffolk police spokeswoman said nothing was stolen from the victim and he was not injured in the incident.
The man is described as white, between 18 to 20 years old, around 6ft. He was wearing a dark hoodie, dark blue jeans and had a ring on his middle finger of his right hand.
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 4 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 5 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 6 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 7 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 8 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 9 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
He was riding a blue man’s mountain bike.
Anyone with information about the incident or recognises the offender described is asked to call Ipswich Priority Crime Team on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.