It’s a snow day! Have we pictured you in our gallery from Tuesday, February 27?
- Credit: Archant
The Beast from the East has brought with it bitterly cold temperatures, but that hasn’t stopped people young and old from getting outside and enjoying some fun in the snow.
Temperatures dropped as low as -9C in parts of Suffolk, making it the coldest night of winter so far this season.
By tonight, between 10cm and 15cm of snow is expected to have fallen in coastal areas such as Harwich, Felixstowe and Clacton.
In Ipswich and east Suffolk, between 5cm and 10cm is predicted to fall - with more forecast overnight tonight.
The weather brought with it a number of school closures, and parks and open spaces across Suffolk and north Essex have been packed with frolickers today after the region woke to a thick blanket of snow.
You may also want to watch:
Hundreds of people descended on Christchurch Park in Ipswich to try out their sledges, while in the west of the county the Abbey Gardens and Nowton Park in Bury St Edmunds proved popular.
Our photographers were out and about snapping pictures of the fun today. Did we capture you?
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 5 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 6 Dog-friendly pub set to reopen in east Suffolk after major revamp
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
To send your own pictures to us, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To order any of the pictures taken by our photographers today, click here.