Izzie has half a metre of hair cut off to help two good causes
- Credit: RAINY IGNOS, CLOUD 9 HAIR STUDIO, MARTLESHAM
A 16-year-old girl who had been growing her hair for five years has finally had it cut, for two good causes.
Many people had to leave their hair uncut during lockdown - but Izzie Carter had been growing hers since she was 11, in Year 7.
However, now the Thomas Mills High School student has finally had her long locks cut, to raise money for the Yemen Appeal run by Islamic Relief.
She had an amazing half metre of hair cut off at Cloud 9 Hair Studio in Martlesham, by hairdresser Rainy Ignos, who donated her fee to the charity.
The teenager has so far raised £945, and is keen to reach her £1,000 sponsorship target, which is enough money to set up an emergency medical camp to help people in Yemen.
You may also want to watch:
Her mane of hair has been sent to the Little Princess Trust and it will be made into a wig for a child suffering from cancer.
To support Izzie’s fundraising efforts, visit her JustGiving page.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 3 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 4 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 5 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 7 'We were shamed'... Pompey boss Cowley offers no excuses
- 8 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 9 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 10 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move