Izzie has half a metre of hair cut off to help two good causes
- Credit: RAINY IGNOS, CLOUD 9 HAIR STUDIO, MARTLESHAM
A 16-year-old girl who had been growing her hair for five years has finally had it cut, for two good causes.
Many people had to leave their hair uncut during lockdown - but Izzie Carter had been growing hers since she was 11, in Year 7.
However, now the Thomas Mills High School student has finally had her long locks cut, to raise money for the Yemen Appeal run by Islamic Relief.
She had an amazing half metre of hair cut off at Cloud 9 Hair Studio in Martlesham, by hairdresser Rainy Ignos, who donated her fee to the charity.
The teenager has so far raised £945, and is keen to reach her £1,000 sponsorship target, which is enough money to set up an emergency medical camp to help people in Yemen.
You may also want to watch:
Her mane of hair has been sent to the Little Princess Trust and it will be made into a wig for a child suffering from cancer.
To support Izzie’s fundraising efforts, visit her JustGiving page.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 6 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 7 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 8 'Poor' infection control at care home sees used Covid test swab left in pile of clean PPE
- 9 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 10 Two arrested after man dies in crash