Jackknifed lorry causes severe delays on A120 at Colchester
- Credit: citizenside.com
A lorry has jackknifed on the A120 causing severe delays to motorists in Essex this morning.
The accident has closed the eastbound carriageway near to junction 29 for the A12 Colchester bypass, causing tailbacks to stretch onto the A12 back to Dedham, with vehicles unable to get onto the A120.
It is also causing delays on the westbound carriageway on the A120 as people slow to look at the lorry.
Essex Police are at the scene and will remain until the vehicle has been recovered.
No-one is thought to have been injured in the accident.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists are being urged to avoid the area and find an alternative route.
- 1 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 2 Body found in the River Orwell
- 3 Could any released Bristol City players reunite with Ashton at Ipswich?
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'eye' Sheffield Wednesday midfielder
- 5 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 6 Town looking into Portman Road safe standing area ahead of new season
- 7 Wrong way A12 driver flees scene after causing crash
- 8 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 9 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 10 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons