Jail for man who sold drugs near Ipswich skatepark
- Credit: Archant
A 24-year-old “county lines” drug dealer who was seen dealing cocaine near to a skatepark in Ipswich has been jailed for 40 months.
Samil Abubaker was arrested after police saw him supplying drugs to a number of known drug users in the skatepark near Stoke Bridge at 7.30pm on August 7 this year, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
Mathew Sorel-Cameron said that officers saw eight known drug users in the area and saw Abubaker standing nearby talking on a telephone.
When he was arrested in West End Road, Ipswich, he was found to have ten wraps of cocaine and £445 cash in a shoulder bag.
Abubaker of Mary Datchelor, Close, London admitted possession of cocaine with intent to supply, possession of cannabis and possession of criminal property.
You may also want to watch:
Jailing him for 40 months Judge John Devaux said the skatepark near Stoke Bridge was typically used by teenagers which was an aggravating feature of the case.
Kelly Fernandez-Lee for Abubaker said her client wasn’t a drug user and had come to Ipswich to sell drugs to clear a financial debt.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 7 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 8 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 9 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 10 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy