Colchester Military Wives to perform with Tokyo and Taipei choirs
- Credit: BAO-LAI
The Colchester Military Wives Choir will be joined by the Amici Mixed Choir and the Bao-Lai Junior High School Chorus at a concert in Colchester.
Formed in 2012, the choir is no stranger to the international stage, having performed in Canada and sung national anthems at a sell-out NBA game in London's O2 Arena.
Now, to raise more money for their charity, the choir made up of veterans, their wives and mothers, will take to the stage of St Boltoph's Church in Colchester with the Amici Mixed Choir from Tokyo and the Bao-Lai Junior High School Chorus from Taiwan on Saturday.
Guests include Ms Keiko Nakano, first secretary of the Embassy of Japan in the UK and Taipei's deputy representative in the UK Mr Shyang-Yun Cheng.
Also in attendance will be high steward Sir Bob Russell and Lady Russell, and Will Quince MP.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the event, priced at £12, are available from Manns Music Shop in High Street.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 9 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 10 'They have big dreams... we're in great hands' - Town favourite Yallop on his links to new US owners