Teenage girl arrested after allegedly attacking police officer
- Credit: Su Anderson
A teenage girl has been arrested on suspicion of assaulting an emergency worker after a police officer was punched in the face during a disturbance.
The 14-year-old girl is alleged to have hit the officer while being arrested on suspicion of being drunk and disorderly.
A 29-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of obstructing a police officer and assaulting an emergency worker, and a 16-year-old boy was also arrested on suspicion of making threats to commit criminal damage.
The trio are all from Jaywick, where the incident happened at around 6.25pm yesterday.
While the girl was in custody, two officers reported being spat at and another officer allegedly had a meal thrown over her while carrying out welfare checks.
You may also want to watch:
The girl was arrested on suspicion of three further counts of assaulting a police officer.
Chief Inspector Lily Benbow, District Commander for Tendring, said:“ I will not tolerate any assault on my officers.
- 1 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
- 2 Matchday Recap: Town beaten at home by Wyke goal
- 3 Jack Whomes to be freed after 23 years in jail for 'Essex Boys' murders
- 4 Noise disruption possible as low-flying RAF jets simulate training
- 5 Farm vehicle and power tools worth thousands stolen in break in
- 6 Covid rips through Suffolk care homes again with deaths up 50% in a week
- 7 Teenager seriously injured in Ipswich stabbing
- 8 Town's reaction will be fascinating as Sunderland visit on a big night for Lambert's Ipswich
- 9 Watch: What next for Debenhams stores across Suffolk and Essex?
- 10 'It's up to Marcus what he does' - Lambert reacts to Sunderland defeat
“We come to work to protect our communities and keep them safe but we will not tolerate being assaulted when doing so.”
All three people remain in custody for questioning.