Teenage girl arrested after allegedly attacking police officer
- Credit: Su Anderson
A teenage girl has been arrested on suspicion of assaulting an emergency worker after a police officer was punched in the face during a disturbance.
The 14-year-old girl is alleged to have hit the officer while being arrested on suspicion of being drunk and disorderly.
A 29-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of obstructing a police officer and assaulting an emergency worker, and a 16-year-old boy was also arrested on suspicion of making threats to commit criminal damage.
The trio are all from Jaywick, where the incident happened at around 6.25pm yesterday.
While the girl was in custody, two officers reported being spat at and another officer allegedly had a meal thrown over her while carrying out welfare checks.
You may also want to watch:
The girl was arrested on suspicion of three further counts of assaulting a police officer.
Chief Inspector Lily Benbow, District Commander for Tendring, said:“ I will not tolerate any assault on my officers.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 7 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 8 'Poor' infection control at care home sees used Covid test swab left in pile of clean PPE
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
“We come to work to protect our communities and keep them safe but we will not tolerate being assaulted when doing so.”
All three people remain in custody for questioning.