Jaywick: Kitchen fire
THREE fire crews were called to deal with a blaze in Jaywick this evening.
Essex Fire and Rescue Service received a call just before 6.20pm reporting a kitchen fire at the property in Broadlands Gardens.
A fire alarm had sounded and smoke was seen issuing from the bungalow. It was also reported that a man was asleep on the sofa inside and couldn’t be woken.
Two crews from Clacton and one from Weely arrived at the scene to find that the fire was already out. The man inside was not hurt and did not want to leave the bungalow.
A high pressure fan was used to clear the property of smoke, and fire crews left the scene just after 6.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
Police and the ambulance service also attended the incident.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 7 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 8 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 9 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 10 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds