Thieves steal JCB forklift from building site
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a JCB forklift was stolen from a building site in Long Melford.
Suffolk police said the forklift was towed by thieves driving a Toyota 4x4 from a building site in Bull Lane shortly before 12.30am on Tuesday.
A short while later, officers on patrol on the A1092 noticed the Toyota in the road and a forklift and truck in a nearby field.
Two or three unknown men then ran towards the Toyota, drove away and failed to stop for police.
Officers followed the vehicle but stood down near a field in Cavendish.
You may also want to watch:
The Toyota was later recovered in a field but there was no trace of the suspects. The truck and forklift were also recovered.
Anyone with information related to the incident, or who saw three men in the Peacocks Road area of Cavendish at the time, is urged to contact police, quoting crime reference 37/49362/20.
- 1 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 6 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 9 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 10 Fiat 500 on its side after crash in Woodbridge