Jilted lover fails in court bid
A JILTED pensioner has failed in his bid to recoup money he spent romancing his ex-girlfriend.Alfred McGuire, 67, from Ipswich, tried to sue Diane Dellar, 53, for £1,200 he says he spent on her in the last year of their relationship.
A JILTED pensioner has failed in his bid to recoup money he spent romancing his ex-girlfriend.
Alfred McGuire, 67, from Ipswich, tried to sue Diane Dellar, 53, for £1,200 he says he spent on her in the last year of their relationship.
However, during a hearing that lasted less than 20 minutes at Ipswich County Court, District Judge Ian Evans said the pensioner's attempt to get his money back was a waste of the court's time.
Mr McGuire claimed he spent the money on meals, groceries and holidays before Ms Dellar finished their three-and-a-half year relationship last year.
You may also want to watch:
For full story, see Friday's East Anglian Daily Times
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 4 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 5 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 8 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 9 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 10 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina